Happiness is a One Armed Dinosaur

Happiness is a One Armed Dinosaur
Happiness is a One Armed Dinosaur

Monday, March 28, 2011

PDX-cellent Anniversary!

Seeing as how mid-March is rapidly becoming late March, I have decided to update the ol' blog. Who knew it would be so difficult to write everyday? Oh, wait, Nano!

Patrick and I recently celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Shock and awe! We decided to take the train to Portland and spend money on food and booze and arcade games in celebration. It was time and money well spent. I could've used about 2 extra days and maybe one more dip in the hot tub, but overall the trip was great fun!

This was our train riding kit, or Trainkit:


It had everything we could possibly need for a 3.5 hour journey after a full day of work. Yes, that is 7 hour energy as opposed to the weaker, 5 hour stuff. Originally the mustard was for the pretzels, but it soon became apparent that not only do Patrick and I share a deep and meaningful love for one another, we also share a deep and meaningful love of condiments and eating them directly out of the package. And the orange is for health reasons, obviously.

Our first stop post train station was Plan B. 

John @ Plan B - Photo by Kyle Ritter

I don't know John, or Kyle, but I found this photo online and it pretty much sums up the bar. Joyce's boyfriend's band played and it was stellar! I even got to record the show because Joyce forgot her ID and couldn't get into the bar. SO SAD, but she made it back in time for the last song and that's great news! 

Joyce and I played a couple of intense games of Jenga, Patrick played pool and we finished off the evening with 2 giant pizzas from Sizzle Pie. I didn't get a picture of the pizzas because they disappeared RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES! 

The rest of the weekend was a blur of good food, GREAT friends and some pretty spectacular thrift store finds!


Our next Portland Adventure will hopefully be for Memorial Day weekend. I did not spend ANY time at the food carts, which I happen to love more than anything---sorry, Patrick. There are also several bakeries that need my support. And, of course, the hot tub. I LOVE YOU PORTLAND! (And Jeremy and Joyce!)







No comments:

Post a Comment