Happiness is a One Armed Dinosaur

Happiness is a One Armed Dinosaur
Happiness is a One Armed Dinosaur

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Karaoke Dilemma & I COOKED!

I slept in until close to 11 AM on Saturday morning. It felt like sleeping in until dusk. The night before had been a whirlwind of rockabilly and Miller High Life that ended, begrudgingly, at 3 AM. Why, you ask? Let me explain.

Have you ever been to a karaoke bar? I love to sing. I was even in a band. Yet, karaoke eludes me. I go to these bars, and sometimes I even sing, but people in Seattle are a little cutthroat and I can't shake the feeling that I'm choosing the "wrong" song when I hand in my slip of Disney music or the Grease soundtrack instead of Madonna or Queen. And of course waiting for hours while other people butcher songs that you loved at one point in your life can be somewhat maddening. However, I discovered a solution to this Karaoke Dilemma. You Tube.

Thanks to the internet people rarely have to get up to do ANYTHING, provided that their Big Gulp is resting only a mere foot or so from the computer. And now, thanks to the internet, I can karaoke in the comfort of my own home! Pick a song, any song....

just let me know when you're ready....

okay....

HERE WE GO: (excellent choice by the way)


PLUS


And it is a wonder we went to bed at all.

Saturday was spent almost as productively. Pretzel Rolls!

I modified the recipe slightly by stuffing them with Chedder Daiya (the vegan cheese of the Gods) and Hickory Smoked Tofurky Turkey (a delicious option as far as meat analogues go).

The result was so delightful that I made another batch on Sunday and just ate one while typing this.



Now, imagine biting into that and getting a mouthful of melted cheese and, um, hot meat... Yes, go bake some! Granted, it's not the best picture, but if it were any better you would lick the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment